Post-education component fees
The post-education component of the FSP gives you time to fulfil Fellowship requirements, including accruing sufficient general practice experience as assessed by the Assessment of General Practice Experience Policy and completing Fellowship exams. It’s a maximum of three years following the education component, and it ends when you achieve Fellowship of the RACGP; enter another RACGP Fellowship program (such as AGPT); or withdraw from your Fellowship program, voluntarily or involuntarily.
What does the post-education fee cover?
The post-education fee covers:
- Program administration and IT infrastructure
- Management of Medicare provider numbers
- Monitoring exam eligibility and progress.
What is not covered by the fee:
- attendance at optional paid exam preparation courses and workshops
- travel, accommodation, and additional expenses that you may incur in the course of training
- General Practice Experience Assessments
- enrolment in Fellowship exams
- application for RACGP Fellowship
- remediation, if required.
Is the change training site/location fee specific to the post-education phase?
Yes. Rather than apply an increase to the annual fee for all applicants in post-education, a fee specifically for those who need to change practices after their education program period has been made to cover the administration costs of this process.