You will be required to make a COVIDSafe attestation on arrival. If required by state directions on 22 September, you must bring and wear your own face mask the entire time you are at the test centre, including throughout your exam. For details, please see Pearson VUE’s website.
For those candidates who couldn’t sit the PEPEA in July due to covid restrictions
The RACGP offered candidates who were enrolled to sit the July PEPEA in NSW or SA and couldn’t do so to still start the PEP in October 2021, with the following changes:
- You must sit the PEPEA on 22 September 2021
- Your PEP start date will change from 1 October to 25 October 2021
You also have the option to defer your start date from:
- 1 October 2021 to 1 January 2022, OR
- 1 October 2021 to 1 April 2022
What you need to do:
- Prior to sitting the exam I September you must have completed the steps we outlined in previous communications.
- Sit the PEPEA on 22 September 2021
- After passing the PEPEA, sign your program agreement, pay your term invoice and be a financial member of the RACGP by 5.00 pm on 21 October 2021 (if commencing on 25 October 2021).
A reminder that the timelines to ensure you start the PEP in late October are tight, and therefore, we need your help to make this possible. It is essential that you keep an eye on your inbox during these upcoming months and meet the deadlines outlined. We won’t be able to accept any late responses. Please mark the dates above in your calendar and contact us by email to email@example.com if you’re concerned you’ve missed anything.
If these dates change, we’ll update this website and contact you via SMS.
What happens with your provider number?
If you are currently on a 3GA provider number that is due to expire shortly, the RACGP will work with your provider to secure an extension. Once you have commenced on the PEP, the RACGP will issue you a PEP provider number for the duration of your PEP educational and post-educational components. It is understood the requirements for satisfactorily completing the PEP, progression during and after the educational component and the requirements for Fellowship exam eligibility are met as outlined in the PEP policies.
If you don’t hold a provider number, we’ll work with you to expedite your PEP provider number so that it is issued as soon as possible in readiness for your start in the PEP on 25 October 2021/ 1 January 2022/ 1 April 2022. A member of our Provider Number team will follow your case and keep you updated.