What is available
Candidates who were enrolled to sit the July PEPEA in NSW or SA can still start the PEP in October 2021, with the following changes:
- You must sit the PEPEA on 22 September 2021
- Your PEP start date will change from 1 October to 25 October 2021
You also have the option to defer your start date from:
- 1 October 2021 to 1 January 2022, OR
- 1 October 2021 to 1 April 2022
What you need to do
To take advantage of this arrangement, candidates enrolled to sit the July PEPEA in NSW must:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 pm 29 July 2021 confirming your preferred start date
- Return to your PEP application (we’ll email you instructions) and confirm your eligibility status by 5.00 pm on 6 August 2021
- Between 16 August and 5.00 pm 25 August 2021, enrol in the September PEPEA
- Sit the PEPEA on 22 September 2021
- After passing the PEPEA, sign your program agreement, pay your term invoice and be a financial member of the RACGP by 5.00 pm on 21 October 2021 (if commencing on 25 October 2021).
As you can see, the timelines are tight, and therefore, we need your help to make this possible. It is essential that you keep an eye on your inbox during these upcoming months and meet the deadlines outlined. We won’t be able to accept any late responses. Please mark the dates above in your calendar, and contact us by email to email@example.com if you’re concerned you’ve missed anything.
If these dates change, we’ll update this website and contact you.
What happens with your provider number?
If you are currently on a 3GA provider number that is due to expire shortly, the RACGP will work with your provider to secure an extension. Once you have commenced on the PEP, the RACGP will issue you a PEP provider number for the duration of your PEP educational and post-educational components. It is understood the requirements for satisfactorily completing the PEP, progression during and after the educational component and the requirements for Fellowship exam eligibility are met as outlined in the PEP policies.
If you don’t hold a provider number, we’ll work with you to expedite your PEP provider number so that it is issued as soon as possible in readiness for your start in the PEP on 25 October 2021/ 1 January 2022/ 1 April 2022. A member of our Provider Number team will follow your case and keep you updated.
What if I prefer to sit the PEPEA in September but not start the PEP until January or April 2022, instead of October 2021?
You’ll need to follow the steps as outlined under the above heading ‘What you need to do’. Two months before your preferred commencement, we’ll email you to provide access to your existing PEP application. You’ll need to access it and re-confirm your practice details, medical registration, and other application details so we can ensure you’re still eligible. You’ll be sent your Program Agreement and term invoice approximately one month before scheduled commencement.
What happens if you prefer NOT to sit the September PEPEA?
If you prefer to wait and start the PEP next year, you’ll have to submit a new application for the PEP. The next application period will open from 4 October to 25 October 2021 and the PEPEA for that cohort will be held on 15 January 2022. The PEP start date will be 1 April 2022.