RACGP PEP Exam Preparation (PEPExP) course
The Practice Experience Program Exam Preparation (PEPExP) course is optional and can be undertaken to enhance your skills for the Applied Knowledge Test (AKT) and Key Feature Problem (KFP) RACGP Fellowship exams. The PEPExP is delivered on-line by experienced RACGP Medical Educators (MEs) and Examiners using authentic exam material from the RACGP exam question bank. The PEPExP focuses on developing your clinical reasoning skills which are key to successfully completing the Fellowship exams.
The PEPExP commenced in January 2021. Throughout 2021 there were quarterly intakes (January - April - July - October) however this has changed to bi-annual intakes in 2022. The starting points throughout this year have been January 2022 and July 2022.
As part of the PEPExP you will have access to a range of valuable benefits including:
- Guided preparation by RACGP MEs to support you to structure and plan your learning to achieve work and study balance
- Structured examination preparation material directly mapped to the RACGP curriculum and PEP learning units
- Access to AKT and KFP questions from the RACGP exam question bank
- Validated feedback and answers to AKT and KFP questions
- Access to RACGP ME feedback and moderated discussion groups
- Access to a weekly webinar delivered by RACGP MEs focussed on teaching clinical reasoning - an essential element for the RACGP Fellowship exams
- Opportunities to network with like-minded peers, enabling development of study groups
- Ability to earn CPD points
The PEPExP is suitable for PEP participants:
- undertaking either the Standard stream or Specialist stream (partially comparable), or those in the post-education phase
- demonstrating progression towards meeting exam eligibility within 12 months after completing the PEP educational component
- who have had difficulties with previous attempts to complete RACGP Fellowship exams.
- Delivered on-line – with weekly release of three AKT questions and one KFP question
- Six months duration
- Small group discussions
- A closed Facebook discussion group via the GPs- in-Training Faculty, moderated by an RACGP ME
- A weekly webinar with validated answers and a focus on clinical reasoning skills, preventative care, relevant guidelines and resources
- Content is mapped to the RACGP curriculum
- Unlimited access to complete suite of PEP learning units, attracting CPD points
- Weekly webinar runs for 1.5 hours
- Links to recommended resources via the Facebook discussion group and gplearning
- Question & Answer with RACGP MEs via the Facebook discussion group
- This is a live and interactive course. The webinar and discussion will not be recorded and you will not be able to access these materials at a later date. Clinical reasoning will be developed as you work through exam questions, and then with the support of a ME, analysing and understanding the case questions and answers in a discussion group. The webinar discussion will include the validated answer to the case with an opportunity to ask questions. The ME will provide direct feedback to your responses, highlighting any bias or cognitive challenges, resulting in improved clinical reasoning, knowledge, skills and attitude.
- PEPxP is regulated through RACGP policies including the Academic Conduct Policy which prohibits sharing of PEPExP materials.
Should you have further questions, please contact the RACGP on 1800 472 247 or email us at email@example.com