Induction to the FSP
You’ll have an induction interview with your training coordinator and ME to discuss your training program. It’s a chance to get to know each other and talk about your background, experience and readiness to start in general practice training.
Together, you’ll develop a training plan to guide your training journey and discuss if recognition of prior learning and experience (RPLE) might apply to you. You’ll cover topics such as:
- the requirements of training
- your training plans, any particular requirements you may have and any potential barriers to your training
- your early assessment of supervision and learning (EASL) outcome
- your eligibility for RPLE
- your career plans
- any questions you may have and any other information you need to know for your training.
Your program team and other regional supports will arrange your induction interview at a mutually convenient time.
Before you meet with your ME, you should complete the online orientation module that you’ll be able to access once you’ve accepted your position on the program. This module will give you information about the training program.
Complete the induction module before you meet with your ME so that you can make the most of your time together by focusing on specific training advice for your circumstances.