About the RACGP Foundation
Since the 1950s, the RACGP Foundation has supported medical research into primary health care, nurturing GPs in discovering new ideas and solutions to ensure every Australian’s health is a priority.
The RACGP Foundation administers funds donated by RACGP members and our funding partners.
Visit the RACGP Foundation website for more information about the value that these funds bring to general practice.
RACGP Foundation grants
The RACGP Foundation offers grants and awards to GPs and GP registrars conducting research in general practice.
The annual grant round opens in early March and applications close in early May. The National Research Awards Committee (NRAC), a sub-committee of the RACGP Foundation Board, assesses all eligible applications and makes recommendations to the RACGP Foundation Board. Applicants are notified by mid-August.
Successful recipients are invited to be presented with their grant or award at the National Academic and Fellowship Session prior to the RACGP annual conference.
The RACGP Foundation offers the following grants in 2020:
- Therapeutic Guidelines Limited (TGL)/RACGP Foundation Research Grant
- MAIC/RACGP Foundation Research Grant
- RACGP Foundation/HCF Research Foundation Research Grant
- RACGP Foundation/Diabetes Australia Research Grant
- RACGP Foundation/BOQ Specialist Research Grant
- RACGP Foundation/ANEDGP Research Grant
- RACGP Foundation Indigenous Health Award
- RACGP Foundation Family Medical Care Education and Research Grant (FMCER)
- RACGP Foundation Chris Silagy Research Scholarship
- RACGP Foundation Walpole Grieve Award
- RACGP Foundation Charles Bridges-Webb Memorial Award
- RACGP Foundation Peter Mudge Medal
- RACGP Foundation Alan Chancellor Award
- The Iris and Edward Gawthorn Award
- RACGP Foundation Best General Practice Research Article in the AJGP Journal Award
More information about our annual grant round can be the RACGP Foundation website.