Who we are
The GPMHSC is the body responsible for setting the standards and accrediting training in mental health for GPs and is made up of a committee which includes representatives from general practice, psychiatry, psychology and the community.
The RACGP provides Secretariat services, and chairs the group. The GPMHSC is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Committee members are nominated by:
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- Mental Health Australia (consumer and carer representatives)
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- The Australian Psychological Society
What we do
- The GPMHSC sets the standards and accredits GP training and education in mental health.
- Completion of GPMHSC accredited training gives GPs access to mental health item numbers under the Medicare Benefits Schedule (Better Access) initiative.
- The GPMHSC develops resources and materials to support GPs in provision of mental health services.
- For more information on the work of the GPMHSC, please contact the GPMHSC secretariat at email@example.com