Practice Experience Program Specialist (PEP SP) Application Handbook

Application post comparability assessment

Applying for a visa to work in Australia

PEP SP application

Applying for a visa to work in Australia

After your job offer has been approved and your medical registration has been granted, you will need to apply to the Department of Home Affairs for a suitable visa, if required.

The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482) Medium-term stream is the most common pathway for migrating to Australia as a doctor and requires that you be sponsored by an Australian medical practice or hospital.

There may be other visa options available to you depending on your plans and circumstances. Check out the Department of Home Affairs’ website to explore visa options.