About the course
The aim of the EAR Accreditation Training Course is to ensure high quality education via the development of accredited activities available to GPs who meet the standards and criteria of the QI&CPD Program. Participants who successfully complete the course will be authorised to act as EARs in accordance with the EAR Licence and the Provider Agreement.
The EAR Accreditation Training Course consists of three separate components and the learning format models an active learning module (ALM). This includes a predisposing activity, a six hour face-to-face structured learning component, and a reinforcing activity in the form of an assessment application. EAR training involves completion of all administration requirements, including the issue of attendance certificates to attendees, the submission of the GP attendance list to the QI&CPD Program and submission of the Provider Activity report.
The learning outcomes of the EAR Accreditation Training Course are designed to:
- describe key factors that ensure education activities are relevant to general practice, leading to improvements in patient care and safety
- describe key components of a needs assessment and how they inform learning outcomes
- outline the differences between Category 1 and Category 2 activity criteria
- discuss a range of adult learning strategies and how they apply to accredited activities
- plan and deliver an educational activity in accordance with the QI&CPD Program activity standards.
There are a number of benefits in completing the EAR training:
- during the face-to-face EAR training you will meet many likeminded people for future networking support
- the RACGP gives you a comprehensive workbook and helpful resources full of useful information and examples to refer to
- ongoing support is available after EAR training through the state program coordinators
- authorised to use the RACGP QI&CPD logo in promoting your activities
- you will receive our monthly newsletter giving you all the latest news and information.
In addition, the RACGP promotes your activities to thousands of GPs around Australia, through the accredited activity course listing on the RACGP website. This service is free of charge.
The EAR Accreditation Training Course is held in each state and dates are advertised through the RACGP events page. The availability of workshops is not limited to calendar dates. Alternative arrangements can be made through your local QI&CPD office.