Module 5: Dermatological surgery workshop
An opportunity to improve and expand your dermatological surgery techniques
The next workshop will be held on the 23 - 24 June 2018 at the Sydney Boulevard Hotel, 90 William Street, Sydney.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest to receive priority information.
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) is pleased to provide a weekend, face-to-face dermatological surgery skills workshop. Participants are required to complete Module 4: Practical procedures in dermatology before attending Module 5: Dermatological surgery workshop.
- is available to all general practitioners (GPs) and GP registrars who have completed an online education activity, Practical procedures in dermatology (the online activity takes approximately 16 hours to complete)
- will be conducted by the RACGP
- accommodates all skill levels
- has been very popular and successful when previously run
- has an enrolment fee
- is part of the Certificate of Primary Care Dermatology comprehensive training course.
- has been approved for 30 Category 2 Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program points (2017–2019 triennium)
Workshop symposium sessions include:
- biopsy techniques
- electrodessication and curettage
- intralesional steroid injections
- skin defect repairs; including flaps
- skin grafts (split and full thickness)
- closure options by anatomical site
- setting up your clinic for surgical procedures
The workshop includes multiple practical, small groups sessions including performing basic surgery and flap repairs on pigs' bellies.
Important note: If flying to the workshop, please make sure you pack your surgical instruments into your checked in luggage. You must not carry these on board the plane in your hand luggage.