This multi-specialty GP educational event will provide General Practitioners with an update and opportunity to discuss some of the top problems most frequently encountered in General Practice including.
Relevance to General Practice
As first point of contact GPs see the widest range of conditions of any specialty. Of the 10 most common presentations in GP practice, only diabetes management has been consistently represented in guidelines and research articles.
This multi-specialty educational event will aim to provide an outline and an update of topics which are common in general practice presentation, including the role of methotrexate in management of rheumatological diseases, update in management of cardiac arrhythmias, role of SGLT2 inhibitors in management of diabetes, common causes of chronic painless visual loss requiring surgical treatment and the role of calcium score assessment and CT coronary angiography in the cardiac patient
- Discuss and enhance your understanding of the role of Methotrexate in the management of rheumatological diseases.
- Illustrate the use of new technologies that have redefined management of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Discuss and enhance your understanding of SGLT2 inhibitors in management of diabetes.
- Evaluate the common causes of chronic painless visual loss requiring surgical treatment.
- Determine the role of calcium score assessment and CT coronary angiography in the cardiac patient.
Domains of General Practice
D1. Communication skills and the patient-doctor relationship
D2. Applied professional knowledge and skills
D3. Population health and the context of general practice
D4. Professional and ethical role
D5. Organisational and legal dimensions
Curriculum Contextual Units
Northern Sydney Cataract