Students will gain a sound knowledge of advanced medical and surgical treatments (including photodynamic therapy, radiotherapy, excision of skin lesions with repair by split or full thickness skin grafts and random flaps).
Relevance to General Practice
See attached Needs Assessment
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively manage wound complications
- Demonstrate appropriate surgical techniques for removing skin cancers.
- Demonstrate ability to differentiate and apply appropriate non-surgical therapeutics
- Confidently diagnose and manage a patient with Melanoma in accordance with Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Apply critical thinking to effectively review a published journal article.
Domains of General Practice
D1. Communication skills and the patient-doctor relationship
D2. Applied professional knowledge and skills
D3. Population health and the context of general practice
D4. Professional and ethical role
D5. Organisational and legal dimensions
Curriculum Contextual Units
- Adult health
- Care of older people
- Oncology and palliative care
This activity is also available on these dates