This activity for clinical examiners provides improvement in applied knowledge and assessment skills required in examining and assessing candidates in the College’s Clinical (OSCE) Exam. The activity may be for 4 to 6 hours. QA examiners observe examiner performance during the activity.
In addition, there is a substantial prior study module, with post-activity assessment being conducted on-line.
Relevance to General Practice
Medical/clinical education, clinical performance assessment
- Define the required standard for unsupervised practice, including considerations for patient safety
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Clinical Exam process
- Demonstrate improvement in applied knowledge regarding the allocated case/s
- Demonstrates improvement in assessment skills
Domains of General Practice
D1. Communication skills and the patient-doctor relationship
D2. Applied professional knowledge and skills
D3. Population health and the context of general practice
D4. Professional and ethical role
D5. Organisational and legal dimensions
Curriculum Contextual Units
- General practice teaching