This activity includes an update on the OSCE Exam, practice in reading and interpreting cases, practice in assessment and discussion of examiner rationale for rating.
Benchmarking practice is provided using either video tape of consultations demonstrating differing levels of candidate performance as well as examiner performance, or by practicing marking and role playing in a Mock exam with candidate workshop participants. Examiners are supervised by experienced examiners and receive feedback at the conclusion of the workshop.
Relevance to General Practice
Medical/clinical education, clinical performance assessment
- Recognises the required standard for unsupervised practice, including considerations for patient safety
- Demonstrates understanding of the Clinical Exam process
- Demonstrates improvement in applied knowledge regarding the allocated case/s
- Identify different levels of candidate and examiner performance.
- Demonstrates improvement in assessment skills and understanding of rational for different ratings
Domains of General Practice
D1. Communication skills and the patient-doctor relationship
D2. Applied professional knowledge and skills
D3. Population health and the context of general practice
D4. Professional and ethical role
D5. Organisational and legal dimensions
Curriculum Contextual Units
- General practice teaching