The aim of this course is to provide specific training for GPs on the introduction and implementation of Telehealth into their daily practice. This course provides practical hands on experience, relevant links on the current digital landscape, knowledge on the benefits, risks, revenue models and how to get your practice team on board in the individual practices. We also take you through the different types of technologies and demonstrate and practice on how to use them.
Relevance to General Practice
Reducing the obstacles to adoption of appropriate integrated telehealth workflow solutions for GPs by providing training on the risks, the business model, technology and connectedness to other health professionals.
Currently there are few regular face-to-face telehealth training offerings for GPs nationally that provide a hands-on approach to implementing Telehealth into GP practice. Whilst there are considerable links to information, directories and online training offered, it is anticipated some of these resources will need to be updated considering rapid changes to some of the new technologies, ehealth records , integration options to current PMS.
- Utilise telehealth technology to provide more efficient access and appropriate systems for patients when referring to specialists & allied health professionals
- Explain how to implement an efficient and cost-effective telehealth service within GPs own practice workflow.
- Identify the different financial billing models (Medicare & Private) for telehealth.
- Describe how to implement a clear plan (inclusive program) to engage with your clinic team.
- Identify potential risks associated with the implementation of telehealth (insurance clinicians and different case-scenarios-patients).
Domains of General Practice
D1. Communication skills and the patient-doctor relationship
D2. Applied professional knowledge and skills
D3. Population health and the context of general practice
D4. Professional and ethical role
D5. Organisational and legal dimensions
Curriculum Contextual Units
- Rural health
- Care of older people
- Residential care
This activity is also available on these dates