These webinars are designed to provide an overview of the role of technology in general practice and how these technologies may be safely and confidently implemented and managed in general practices.
Topics covered include:
- Using email
- Secure electronic communication
- Follow-up systems
- Online appointment technologies
- Safe disposal of hardware
- Using mobile devices for clinical photos
Relevance to General Practice
Technology plays a diverse and critical role in general practice. It is a key factor in effective communication to support clinical care, with the most efficient method of information transfer being via secure electronic communication. It allows practitioners to digitally record, share and analyse clinical information.
Technology also has the potential to improve practice efficiencies through practice management software and online appointment systems.
- Describe the role of technology to support safe and efficient clinical care
- Articulate the role and current state of secure electronic communications to share information with other healthcare providers
- Describe how technology can create practice management efficiencies
- Describe the technical and clinical considerations when implementing new technologies
- Discuss how to safely dispose of hardware to ensure data is protected
Domains of General Practice
D1. Communication skills and the patient-doctor relationship
D2. Applied professional knowledge and skills
D3. Population health and the context of general practice
D4. Professional and ethical role
D5. Organisational and legal dimensions
Curriculum Contextual Units
This activity is also available on these dates