☰ Table of contents
e-Mental health is not for everyone. Some people will prefer an alternative treatment pathway; however, many patients might be unaware there is a range of effective e-mental health interventions available to them.46
You can promote e-mental health to your patients by:17,47
- asking practice staff to display e-mental health information for patients in waiting areas
- including links to information portals such as Head to Health on your clinic’s website
- training other practice staff in the use of e-mental health resources
- providing written information to patients; for example, Black Dog Institute fact sheets for consumers, ‘e-Mental Health and Depression’ and ‘e-Mental Health and Anxiety’
- logging in to a particular e-mental health intervention during your consultation in order to give a tour and demonstrate some of the program’s features.