Adolescent health

March 2011


Department of Veterans’ Affairs forms

A guide for GPs

Volume 40, No.3, March 2011 Pages 163-164

Helen Westbury

This article forms part of our ‘Paperwork’ series for 2011, providing information about a range of paperwork that general practitioners complete regularly. The aim of the series is to provide information on the purpose of the paperwork, and hints on how to complete it accurately. This will allow the GP to be more efficient and the patient to have an accurately completed piece of paperwork for the purpose required.

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs delivers government programs for eligible veterans and their dependants. General practitioners may be required to fill in forms for clients at two points in the process: to determine initial eligibility for compensation benefits and to request services from providers. This article describes the range of documents used to determine initial eligibility for compensation benefits, healthcare services potentially covered and how to access these services.

Clients of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) include war veterans, some members of the Australian Defence Force, members of the Australian Federal Police, and their dependants. They range in age from very young children of those recently killed in action through to surviving spouses of those who fought in World War I.

Download the PDF for the full article.


Yes     No

Declaration of competing interests *

Yes No

Additional Author (remove)

Yes No






Competing Interests: 

Your comment is being submitted, please wait


Download citation in RIS format (EndNote, Zotero, RefMan, RefWorks)

Download citation in BIBTEX format (RefMan)

Download citation in REFER format (EndNote, Zotero, RefMan, RefWorks)

For more information see Wikipedia: Comparison of reference management software

Article Series