AFP in Practice questions are designed to get you started in a small group learning (SGL) activity
in your practice or with colleagues. Requirements to earn 40 Category 1 CPD points for a SGL
activity are: minimum of four and a maximum of 10 people, minimum of 8 hours of discussion in
a year, and at least two GPs. Groups may include anyone else who has an interest (ie. practice
nurses, community health workers, allied health professionals). A kit with all the instructions and
forms you need is available at www.racgp.org.au/afpinpractice.
After completion of this activity participants will be able to:
- identify elements of successful communication
- apply information from an echocardiogram to a clinical presentation and describe the management of distressing symptoms of end stage heart failure
- describe local access for an investigation and multidisciplinary care related to end stage heart failure
- analyse why research in one area may not have translated into real world benefits
- develop a practice based systems approach to manage a patient with acute pulmonary oedema.
Download the PDF for the full article.