Patrick D Byrnes
As Australian general practice evolves, the role of Australian Family Physician needs to be continually re-evaluated. AFP aims to provide relevant, evidence based, clearly articulated information to Australian GPs that is applicable to the varied geographic and social contexts in which they work and to all their roles as clinician, researcher, educator and practice team member, to assist them in providing the highest quality patient care. In this viewpoint article, one of our Editorial Board members,
Dr Patrick Byrnes, outlines his views about the evolution of AFP in the context of the current and future general practice environment.
The core audience for Australian Family Physician is, and always will be, the practising Australian general practitioner, but we have a much broader constituency than this. Stakeholders in AFP also include:
- general practice registrars
- nurse practitioners who work in general practice
- registered nurses who work in general practice
- allied health professionals and other practice team members
- practice managers and administrative staff
- general practice educators
- Australian and international primary health care researchers
- specialists who wish to keep a broad approach
- medical students
- government policy advisors
- medical journalists.
Download the PDF for the full article.