Date: 29 Jan 2021
The RACGP has released its 2021-22 pre-budget submission. The submission recommends that the federal government commit funds to:
- Improve MBS funding
Improve patient access to general practice services through:
- Increasing annual indexation of MBS rebates to support patient access to general practice carea)
- ncreasing annual indexation of MBS rebates to support patient access to general practice careb)
- Increasing the patient rebate for longer general practice consultationsc) Improving patient rebates to support mental health care, and coordination of mental and physical healthcare, by GPs.
- Support MBS-subsidised telehealth consultations
Continue availability of adequately funded MBS-subsidised telephone and videoconferencing consultations for all Australians.
- Introduce new funding models for general practice
Support the longer-term viability of general practice by introducing sustainable new models of funding patient access to general practice services, starting with the introduction of funding to support care coordination.