Date: June 2020
The RACGP has provided a submission to the Senate Select Committee on COVID-19’s inquiry into the Australian Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The RACGP submission summarises member feedback and makes recommendations on a range of topics, including:
- the impact of the pandemic on patients
- access to and use of personal protective equipment
- COVID-19 Medicare Benefits Schedule telehealth items
- financial support and assistance for practices
- communication and collaboration with GPs during the pandemic.
The committee is due to deliver its report by 30 June 2022.
Thank you to all RACGP members who provided input to this submission. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.