Date: 04 April 2019
The 2019-20 Federal Health Budget includes some positive steps towards investment in primary care, and recognition of the vital and central role of general practice in the health system.
Among the various Health measures, the 2019-20 Federal Health Budget announced:
- the introduction of voluntary patient enrolment (initially starting with patients over 70 years of age)
- additional funding for the Practice Incentive Program Quality Incentive
- the retention of the GP Aged Care Access Incentive
- investment for primary healthcare research
- funding to support a training pathway for rural generalists.