Date: 22 August 2017
The RACGP has provided five reports to the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Review Taskforce regarding all general practice MBS items across the following areas:
- general practice professional attendances
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- mental health
- telehealth and point-of-care-testing
- procedural services.
Each report presents a range of recommendations developed by RACGP members on how the MBS Review Taskforce can adapt the MBS items used in general practice to:
- reflect contemporary general practice
- better support patient access to general practice care
- better support the efficient and effective general practice sector.