Date: 10 August 2017
As part of an inquiry into the implementation, performance and governance of the NDIS, the Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) invited the RACGP to make a submission on the transitional arrangements for the NDIS.
The RACGP submission focussed on the:
- GP’s role in the effective management and support of patients with disabilities
- limited information available to help GPs fully advise patients about the NDIS
- support required for GPs to facilitate NDIS requests
- rollout of the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building Program
- importance of assessing NDIS eligibility face-to-face
- importance of informed advocates for patients with disability
- need to avoid duplication of services.