Date: 15 December 2016
The RACGP has submitted a response to the to the Department’s consultation on the Redesign of the Practice Incentives Program.
The consultation paper released on 24 October 2016 outlined the broad proposal to redesign seven of the 11 current incentives and introduce a new quality improvement incentive.
The RACGP submission took a high level view of the proposed changes to PIP, identifying a number of key concerns raised by members during the consultation period and comments on:
- Removal of $21.2 million from PIP funding.
- Proposal to:
- remove all Service Incentive Payments
- remove incentives aimed at improving outcomes for disadvantaged patient groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, rural and aged care patients)
- implement a system based on the automated extraction of data from practice systems
- Alternative models for rewarding quality improvement.