Each Federal Election cycle the RACGP develops a Federal Election Statement outlining our key policy priorities. We also develop a range of resources to support members who wish to advocate at a local level.
The RACGP’s Federal Election Statement and resources set out the need for greater investment into comprehensive and coordinated care through achievable reforms.
The RACGP is calling on the Federal Government to:
- Support regular and continuous general practice care for our most vulnerable communities
- Increase Medicare rebates for patients who need longer appointments with their GP
- Retain telehealth rebates for patients to consult with their GP over the phone
- Introduce a GP follow-up appointment within seven days of a hospital admission or emergency department visit
- Strengthen rural healthcare
The following resources have been developed to support members in their local advocacy efforts:
Federal election statement
The primary pre-election advocacy document which outlines the rationale and detail of each of the RACGP’s priorities.
A brief document outlining each of the RACGP priorities.
Deep dive leaflets
One-page summary leaflets which highlight how each of the RACGP priorities benefit various priority population groups. The intention is that members can distribute these to local MPs or candidates who have an interest in supporting a particular patient group.
The following resources have been developed for members only.
You must login to access these resources.
Templated letter from GP to MP/local candidate
Further information about the priorities or how to get involved
For more information about the election priorities or any of the above resources, please contact email@example.com
For more information about how to get involved in local advocacy, including support arranging a meeting with your local MP, contact your State Faculty Office: