Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter the ‘National Guide User Review’ Promotion and prizes form part of these conditions of entry (Conditions). Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions.
- The promoter is The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, 100 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne, VIC, 3002, ABN 34 000 223 807.
- Entry is open to all Australians.
- RACGP employees and their immediate families, and all agencies associated with this Promotion, are ineligible to enter, claim or redeem Prizes.
- The Promotion commences on 10.30 am (AEST) on Wednesday 16 November 2016 and concludes at 4.00 pm (AEST) on Wednesday 8 December 2016 (Promotional Period) after which no further entries will be considered.
The RACGP accepts no responsibility for lost, late or incomplete entries.
- To enter, prospective entrants must complete the National Guide User Review online survey and ‘opt in’ as part of the survey by entering their contact details in the space provided in the survey. Entrants may complete the poll and enter the competition a maximum of once.
- The RACGP may at any time verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and eligibility status), and may disqualify entrants who submit entries that:
i. are not in accordance with these Conditions;
ii. contain derogatory, offensive or anti-social language or behaviours;
iii. are incomplete or incomprehensible;
iv. the RACGP reasonably suspects has been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, or breaches intellectual property rights or privacy laws;
v. tampers with the entry process in any way; or
vi. depicts third party trademarks unless the third party has provided written authorisation for the use of the trademark for this Promotion.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the RACGP's discretion. Failure by the RACGP to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the RACGP’s reasonable control, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the RACGP reserves the right to, in its sole discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law disqualify any entrant or cancel the Promotion.
- The prize draw will take place on Friday 16 December 2016 at 11.00 am (AEST) at the RACGP’s offices.
- Two eligible entrants will be selected at random to receive one $200 VISA gift card voucher.
- The total prize value is $400.00
- The winning entrants will have their names published on the RACGP’s Facebook Page on Monday 19 December 2016.
- The Prize is not transferable, cannot be exchanged without the RACGP’s prior written consent, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The RACGP will use reasonable attempts to notify winning entrants via telephone, email and/or writing within five (5) business days of the draw.
- Winners must redeem their prizes by Wednesday 1 February 2017 11.00am(AEST) by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone call. If for any reason the winner fails to redeem the Prize or choose not to before this time or if they are ineligible in accordance with these Conditions (for whatever reason), their entry will be deemed invalid and their Prize forfeited, and the RACGP will hold an unclaimed prize draw for the Prize on Wednesday 3 February 2017 at 11.00 am (AEST) at its offices.
Intellectual property and Privacy
- By entering this Promotion, entrants grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable licence to the RACGP for the use, reproduction, modification, adaption, publishing and display of their entry and their associated details, including their likeness, image and/or voice, without any further remuneration and for the purpose of promoting or publicity for the Promotion (including its outcome), future marketing use and associated activities (including promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the RACGP).
- By entering the Promotion, entrants warrant in developing and submitting the entry, the entrant did not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any other person or owner.
- The RACGP will collect, use and disclose entrants’ personal information to conduct this Promotion in accordance with its Privacy Statement (available at www.racgp.org.au/usage/privacy). The Privacy Statement contains information about how entrants may opt out of these activities, how they may access, update or correct their personal information, and how the RACGP deals with complaints.
- By entering, entrants consent to the RACGP using and disclosing their personal information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes (including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant). Entrants may opt to not receive these at any time. The RACGP may disclose Australian entrant’s personal information to entities outside of Australia (likely to be limited to the USA).
- The RACGP will not be liable to any entrant in connection to this Promotion for any damages, costs, losses or expenses of any kind incurred or suffered by them in connection with the RACGP modifying, postponing or cancelling this Promotion, or any part of these, or in connection with a Prize.
- All guarantees, representations, conditions and warranties of any nature are expressly excluded. However nothing in these Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to do so, the guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the Australian Consumer Law. If these Acts impose any inalienable consumer rights and only to the extent of any inconsistency, these Conditions are to be read down.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the RACGP excludes all direct, indirect or consequential liability and all liability for any loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death incurred by you in connection with this promotion (whether or not arising from any act or omission, or negligence), including by way of liability caused or contributed by any carriage service.
- You release the RACGP, its employees, agents, contactors and sub-contractors (in this clause 29 referred to as “those indemnified”) from any action, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses, incurred in connection with our acts, omissions or negligence in connection with this Promotion. You further indemnify those indemnified against and agree to make good, any action, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses (including legal costs, professional costs and other expenses on a full indemnity basis), incurred in connection with this Promotion. Any such amount is a debt due and payable within 30 days of request.
- The terms and conditions will be placed on the RACGP website.
Permit number LTPS/16/09181