Membership is open to Associates, Members and Fellows of the College who:
- are actively engaged in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health;
- have significant past experience in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health;
- have an interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health;
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australian.
How to join:
- Online: Email email@example.com and express your interest in joining. Your RACGP # would be handy but not essential
- Over the phone: Call our toll free number 1800 000 251
- In person (conference exhibition booths): potential members can speak to their friendly RACGP representative about joining the faculty and their details will be collected and updated in our systems
What to expect:
- Our e-newsletter – A bi-monthly e-newsletter is distributed to the membership, providing updates on current news, programs, events and opportunities relating to the work RACGP Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health undertake
- The opportunity to contribute to projects, events and publications – we often seek the expertise of our members working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients and in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health – eg: Aboriginal health exam question writing workshops and the Indigenous Fellowship Excellence Program.
- Up to date communication promoting upcoming events relevant to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Option to attend Members Meeting at national conference - access to GP17 members only functions. Information regarding conference events and presentations related to Indigenous health.