The RACGP Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) program is internationally recognised and supports the development and maintenance of GP skills and lifelong learning. The program underpins the delivery of high quality medical services to the Australian community.
The RACGP QI&CPD program is recognised by many organisations including AHPRA and Medicare. GPs and other doctors are able to meet the formal requirements of their medical registration (AHPRA), to access preferential rates from the national health insurance scheme (Medicare) and to achieve career credentials required in a number of other situations.
Participation in the RACGP QI&CPD program offers many advantages to doctors:
- All practising doctors are able to meet the CPD requirements for renewal of their medical registration (AHPRA). This includes both clinicians, and doctors working in non-clinical fields e.g. management, education, research advisory, regulatory or policy development
- Recognised GPs can meet their Medicare requirements for CPD points, ensuring they are able to attract the A1 higher rebates
- Doctors with a specific interest e.g. medical acupuncture, women’s health, radiology or mental health can meet the requirements allowing them access to specific item rebates (Medicare)
- Assists your employer with Practice Accreditation
- Enhances your professional profile when making job applications
- Effective efficient administration
- Easy access to your points summary at any time
For more information on the QI&CPD program and how to gain points, please refer to the website.