Perinatal in Practice: Managing Perinatal Mood Disorders
This full-day program aims to develop GP understanding of perinatal mood disorders and its management, using lecture, case studies and interactive exercises.
The workshop includes:
- Psychosocial stressors in the perinatal period
- Screening for perinatal mood disorders in general practice
- Diagnosis and assessment of perinatal mood disorders
- The use of pharmacological treatments during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Comprehensive non-pharmacological treatment planning for women with perinatal mood disorders inclusive of the needs of fathers and babies.
The workshop is accredited for 40 RACGP QI&CPD Category 1 points and Mental Health Skills Training (MHST) and Women's Health (WH).
Introduction To Point of Care Ultrasound for Rural GPs
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Venue: Northern Integrated Care Centre Frankland St, Launceston.
This full day ALM will give general practice registrars, rural and remote GP's the opportunity to identify practical applications of ultrasound technology in rural general practice, and utilise point of care ultrasound devices under the guidance of expert sonographers. The ALM will provide hands on experiences with specific sonographic procedures relevant to a rural setting; the Extended Focused Assessment using Sonography for Trauma (EFAST), first trimester trans-abdominal obstetric, DVT. IV & MSK/Soft tissue. Participants will become familiar with the process of acquiring images using an ultrasound device and interpreting sonographic images in a standard General Practice diagnostic process.
Cost: RACGP members: $440 (Inc GST)
"Ultrasound: The new stethoscope"