Starting a Private Practice
Become the master of your own destiny
Time: 8.45am - 4.15pm
Venue: College House, level 7, 12 Mount Street, North Sydney
New Fellows, registrars, international medical graduates, GPs and practice managers, prepare for and get a head start in general practice with this one day interactive and practical workshop to prepare for the challenge of establishing and managing a successful practice.
1. identify the key elements for setting up a private practice
2. consider business plans and tax structures relevant to setting up in private practice
3. access tools and resources that will support a start in private practice
4. consider practice accreditation and its impact on business and quality patient care
5. clarify personal goals that will inform business decisions concerning
starting up a private practice
Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD17)
The pleasure and pain of our patients
Venue: Crowne Plaza Newcastle, Cnr Mereweather St & Wharf Rd Newcastle NSW 2300
This one and half day Active Learning Module developed by RACGP NSW&ACT, aims to develop and enhance GP skills in managing patients who are presenting with problematic substance use behaviours. With a focus on five key substance areas; psychostimulants, opioids, BZD, alcohol and cannabis/tobacco, participants will become familiar with how to use effectively the 5As framework for promoting behaviour change to guide patients in changing their use of these drugs. Developed and facilitated by leading Alcohol and other drug specialists, this educational event will allow GPs to practice those skills outlined within the 5As in a safe environment.