Module 5: Dermatological surgery workshop
An opportunity to improve and expand your dermatological surgery techniques
Next workshop location and date to be advised
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest to receive priority information.
The Australasian College of Dermatologists (ACD) in collaboration with The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) are pleased to provide a weekend, face-to-face dermatological surgery skills workshop. Participants are required to complete Module 4: Practical procedures in dermatology before attending Module 5: Dermatological surgery workshop.
- is available to all general practitioners (GPs), GP registrars and registrars in the ACD training program who have completed an online education activity, Practical procedures in dermatology (the online activity takes approximately 16 hours to complete)
- will be conducted by the ACD
- accommodates all skill levels
- has been very popular and successful when previously run
- has an enrolment fee
- is part of the Certificate of Primary Care Dermatology comprehensive training course.
- has been approved for 30 Category 2 Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program points (2014–2016 triennium)
Workshop symposium sessions include:
- biopsy techniques
- electrodessication and curettage
- intralesional steroid injections
- flap repairs (advancement, rotation, transposition and island pedicle)
- skin grafts (split and full thickness)
- closure options by anatomical site.
The workshop includes multiple practical, small groups sessions including performing basic surgery and flap repairs on pigs' bellies.
Sponsoring companies will be attendance as arranged by the Australasian College of Dermatologists.
Surgical instruments will be provided at the workshop, however if you wish to bring your own surgical instruments, you will need the following:
- needle holders
- toothed forceps
- surgical scissors
- suture scissors
- scalpel handles – size 3 handle is recommended.
Important note: If flying to the workshop, please make sure you pack your surgical instruments into your checked in luggage. You must not carry these on board the plane in your hand luggage.