1 July 2014, the RACGP will launch an online platform for general practitioners (GPs) to apply for the RACGP's Specialist Pathway Program (SPP) and the General Practice Experience (Practice Eligible) (GPE) Pathway.
The new platform will provide a streamlined application process for candidates and paper-based applications will not be accepted after this date.
The new online platform will deliver:
- an online self-assessment
- clearer application requirements and categorisation eligibility
- a reduction in documents required
- a system that allows applicants to upload documents, save their application and login multiple times
- a clear snapshot of application progress and outstanding requirements
- automated reminders of approaching application deadlines and outstanding information requirements
- faster application turnaround.
Amendments to documentation requirements have been made to support a higher threshold of evidence for general practice experience roles whilst also reducing the overall burden of documentation required.
For further information regarding the online GPE application platform, call 1800 626 901 or email email@example.com.
Information for SPP candidates
- Specialist IMGs will no longer apply through the Australian Medical Council (AMC) for categorisation of their comparability to an Australian trained GP.
- Specialist IMGs are still required to submit an application for ECFMG International Credentials Services (EICS) primary source verification of their qualifications through the AMC. For information on how to apply for primary source verification, applicants should refer to the AMC website for information.
- Further information and the SPP policies are available at www.racgp.org.au/becomingagp/imgaus/specialist-pathway/
Information for GPE candidates
- Amendments to documentation requirements have been made to support a higher threshold of evidence for general practice experience roles whilst also reducing the overall burden of documentation required.
- Further information and the GPE policies are available at www.racgp.org.au/becomingagp/imgaus/pep/
For further information or regarding the online platform, call 1800 626 901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org